What is it?
Plantar fasciitis is inflammation of the thick band of tissue that runs along the bottom of your foot from heel to toes. This band of tissue acts as a spring that supports the arch of your foot. Repetitive stretching, strain and small reoccurring tears in this tissue can cause it to become inflamed. This results in pain in the heel and base of the foot
What causes it?
- Flat feet
- Feet that roll too inward when walking (pronation)
- Athletics that involve a lot of running and jumping
- Ballet and other aerobic dancing
- Occupations that keep you on your feet (factory workers, teachers)
How do Orthotics help with Plantar Fasciitis?
Custom orthotics work to realign and support the arch of the foot. In the case of flat feet, the orthotics would be placed in shoes to create and maintain an arch in the foot. This takes tension off the plantar fascia. For impact sports, orthotics support the arch of the foot to reduce the amount of stretch placed on the connective tissue.
What are the benefits of Custom Orthotics in Burlington?
- Provides pain relief
- Easy to use
- Easy to obtain
- Can return to the daily activities that you love!
Speak with us if you think that Custom Orthotics would help your Plantar Fasciitis and improve your quality of life.