Many people struggle with back problems and pain at some point, especially those between the ages of 30 and 50. At times, the exact cause of pain is hard to diagnose. This is when prevention is a key factor in minimizing the risk of backaches and injuries. Back pain is the most common reason for people to seek treatment at our chiropractor clinic in Burlington.
Signs and Symptoms of Lower Back Pain
Several symptoms indicate that you may have a lower back injury. Here are a few:
- Numbness in the leg or feet
- A tingling or pins and needles sensation in the legs or feet
- Burning sensation in the lower back & legs
- Chronic stiffness in the lower back
- Difficulty standing in one place for a long time
- Back or leg pain and stiffness after exercise or activity
- Dull ache and weakness in the lower back
- Sudden shooting pains in the lower back or legs and feet
- Muscle spasms in the lower back
- Pain or discomfort when coughing, sneezing or bowel movement
The Best Treatment for Lower Back Pain
Our treatments combine hands-on muscle therapy, spinal mobilizations and adjustments, physiotherapy modalities, and rehabilitation exercises. The treatment reduces pain and inflammation and improves the general functioning of the spine and musculoskeletal system. It boosts the body’s own ability to heal. You can find well-trained and experienced practitioners who can help to treat your back pain effectively. With timely and accurate diagnosis, these chiropractors can help you to get back to what you love doing and prevent your back pain from becoming a life-long ailment.
Treatment for Long-Term Relief
Once you start treatment for a back injury, avoid discontinuing the treatment until the pain is gone and your function has returned to one hundred percent. Usually, chiropractic treatments start off with a higher frequency of therapy, followed by a gradual reduction, according to your progress. As you get better and heal, the visits are spread further apart. However, not everyone responds to treatment the same way. For some, it may take many sessions of therapy, while for some, it may be a quicker process. Treatment sessions generally include a variety of techniques to help maximize your recovery. Therefore, it is best to adhere to the suggested treatment time frame for long-term relief.