Have you thought of making massage a part of your routine life and want to take your personal care to the next level, then look no further! Edgar Family Chiropractic is here to help you. Many kinds of therapies and massages are available today to relieve stress, pain, muscle, and joint issues. Here at Edgar Family Chiropractic, we have two registered massage therapists, Chelsey and Crystal.
There are many benefits to massage, namely:
- Stress relief: Regular massage promotes the relief of tension which, in turn, reduces stress.
- Aids in relaxation: relaxes the body by increasing the temperature of the soft tissues and releasing hormones
- Reduces muscle soreness, pain, and tension.
- Aids in better circulation, energy, and alertness.
- Decreases headache pain: loosens muscle tension situated in the base of the skull
- promotes good posture: Loosens tight muscles and relieves muscle tension.
- Increases immunity function: increases blood flow through the body which helps fight disease.
Massage techniques offered at Edgar Family Chiropractic
- Relaxation Massage: This common form of massage works on the top layer of the muscles. It relaxes and energizes your body.
- Deep Tissue Massage: This massage type works on the layers of muscles and tissues deep under your skin. It focuses on specific points on your body that trouble and helps with muscle injuries like back sprains.
- Sports Massage: Meant specifically for athletes, it helps them train for their particular sports. It relaxes their muscles and makes them more flexible.
- Chair Massage: predominately used for individuals who are unable to lay down for prolonged periods of time
- Pregnancy massage Relieves stress and discomfort that your body adapts due to pregnancy.
It is becoming more and more apparent how the affects of massage are instrumental in promoting good physical health. If you’re hoping to book a massage you can do so by either calling Edgar Family Chiropractic at 289-337-1202 or going online at www.edgarchiropractic.ca.
Cupping is an ancient alternative medical technique used by many health practitioners to this day. Glass, plastic or silicone cups are suctioned onto the skin to create a negative pressure system which then encourages blood flow, promotes healing and reduces pain to the affected area. By using specific placement and sometimes movement, cupping is an extremely effective tool during treatments. Dr. Alisha uses cupping in her chiropractic appointments as a way to:
- Promote blood flow and increase circulation
- Relieve muscular tension and tightness
- Reduce pain and inflammation
- Release toxins
- Speed up the healing process
- Promote Relaxation
- Calm muscular tension before a chiropractic adjustment
Cupping is an extremely safe practice with the biggest side effect being bruising on the skin. These bruises or “cup marks” are not dangerous and are usually painless. Depending on a person’s skin sensitivity, bruising lasts anywhere from 1-7 days. Many patients notice the benefits of cupping right away. When used in conjunction with chiropractic treatments, cupping is extremely effective in speeding up the healing process and relieving pain and tightness from a variety of muscles and areas in the body.
Currently, we have two therapists at Edgar Family Chiropractic who are certified to perform cupping: Dr. Alisha Nachman (Chiropractor) and Chelsey Scowen (Registered Massage Therapists). If you are interested in trying cupping, please call us at 289-337-120 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
At Edgar Family Chiropractic in Burlington, clinicians value comprehensive or multi-disciplinary approaches to treating patients, for example using ultrasound or acupuncture. This comprehensive approach may also incorporate massage therapy into a patient’s treatment plan in order to speed up their progress. Edgar Family Chiropractic on Pearl offers high-quality massage therapy in Burlington from an award-winning registered massage therapist in order to offer the community the best, and most convenient, quality of care available.
Massage therapy works to optimize general health and well-being whilst also preventing dysfunctions of the body and mind. By manually manipulating the soft body tissues, massage therapy decreases stress, alleviates muscle soreness, improves circulation and immune function as well as increases mobility thereby acting on the muscular, nervous and circulatory systems. Massage therapy at Edgar Family Chiropractic not only treats physical dysfunctions but educates patients on strategies for prevention of future injury whilst providing relaxation to the body and mind. This type of therapy helps to reduce or even eliminate the discomfort associated with muscles, connective tissues, joints, tendons, and ligaments.
Registered massage therapists today use their extensive knowledge on human anatomy and physiology to apply modern techniques and offer up- to- date information to patients, however, the origin of massage therapy itself dates back to the 1700s with Swedish massage. Therefore, hundreds of years of practice and research have done all over the world strongly supports massage therapy as being a safe and effective form of treatment for both the body and the mind. To know more visit Registered Massage Therapy Burlington.
Registered massage therapy works to therapeutically optimize general health and well-being by acting on the muscular, nervous and circulatory systems. It involves prevention and treatment of physical dysfunctions while simultaneously providing relaxation to the mind and body. This type of therapy helps to reduce or even eliminate the discomfort associated with muscles, connective tissues, joints, tendons, and ligaments.
Massage therapy plays an important role in recovering from both acute and chronic conditions such as pain caused by repetitive strain, headaches, tendinitis, and stress or stress-related conditions to name a few. Massage therapy can be an integral part of the maintenance of good health as it helps to reduce or eliminate pain, improve joint mobility and circulation as well as reduce muscular tension.
When you go in to see a registered massage therapist in Burlington, they will go through the following process with you
- Perform a thorough assessment including range of motion and muscle tests
- Propose a treatment plan based
- Explain the procedure, risks, and benefits of treatment
Administer massage techniques by treating soft tissues and joints. Registered massage therapists can perform soft tissue manipulation, relaxation techniques, hydrotherapy, trigger point therapy, low-grade mobilizations and prescribe remedial exercise programs, all uniquely tailored to you and your specific needs.
Suggest home care instructions and provide you with information about improving your posture through rehabilitative exercises.
At Edgar Family Chiropractic in Burlington, we encourage incorporating massage therapy into our patient’s treatment plans in order to speed up their progress. With the vast amount of techniques used by registered massage therapists to treat so many common ailments, it only makes sense that they are part of every patient’s treatment plan.