Many people use chiropractic care as an effective treatment method for a variety of everyday aches and pains as well as injuries. A chiropractor in Burlington makes effective use of muscle therapy, spinal manipulation, and rehabilitation exercises to restore mobility to joints and improve the overall function of the musculoskeletal system.
Chiropractic Care – The Treatment Approach
The foundation of chiropractic care focuses on the optimal alignment of the human body’s musculoskeletal structure with a special focus on the spine. It is believed that the body can heal itself with little to no need for any external medication or surgery.
A chiropractor in Burlington improved the function of the muscles and restores mobility to the joints through physical manipulation. Muscle function is reduced and the joints might be restricted due to something like an injury in the tissue caused by an accident or strain due to something like prolonged sitting or poor posture. Chiropractic care is used to reduce pain in the bones, muscles, joints, and connective tissues like ligaments, tendons, and cartilage. In some cases, chiropractic care can also be coupled with other conventional treatment methods (physiotherapy, registered massage therapy) to provide maximum relief.
When to see a Chiropractor?
As a constructive solution to pain, here is when you should visit a qualified chiropractor in Burlington:
- Headaches: Stiffness in the neck and muscle tightness can lead to a variety of headaches that can significantly impact day to day activity. Visiting a chiropractor can help eliminate or reduce the pain through a drug-free treatment process.
- Back Pain: One of the strongest suites of chiropractors is their experience in treating back pain, especially lower back pain. The extensive training and experience of Chiropractors in Burlington enable them to diagnose and treat through ergonomic advice, exercise, muscle therapy, and physical manipulation.
- Muscle Pain: Even though chiropractors are perceived primarily as spine experts, they have ample experience and training in treating issues in the nerves, muscles, and joints of the body.
The Treatment Process – Explained
- A Chiropractor in Burlington initiates the treatment process by taking a detailed history and performing a physical examination of the patient
- The chiropractor uses their hands to exert a controlled force to the injured muscle and or joints. This helps in increasing the range of movement, improves the functioning of the muscles and other soft tissues, and reduces any form of inflammation or pain
Chiropractic care not only helps in reducing pain but ensures that the symptoms never reoccur. Furthermore, a qualified chiropractor in Burlington ensures optimal health by recommending regular exercise, balanced nutrition, and other required lifestyle changes to maintain the body’s musculoskeletal structure. Even after the body is completely healed, chiropractic care ensures the human body’s long-term wellness, enabling people of all age groups to lead a healthy lifestyle without any pain or other form of discomfort.