Natural Medicine respects the body's innate ability to heal without suppressing symptoms. It encourages patients to take responsibility for their health and engage in the healing process as your Naturopathic Doctor properly educates you and empowers you to make positive and long-term changes to your health.
The primary goal of Naturopathic Medicine is to address the underlying cause of illness rather than simply treating or managing the outward manifestations of disease. The cause of an illness is often rooted in aspects of a person's lifestyle, diet, habits or environment. Physical, mental, emotional and spiritual dimensions of an individual's life are all taken into consideration in the context of their family, community, and culture to provide a holistic approach to treatment. Our Naturopath, Dr. Andrea Maxim, ND will work with you to restore and support your body back into health.
Whether through dietary changes, proper supplementation, acupuncture or herbal support, Dr. Maxim is amazing at offering simple and adaptable techniques to get your diet back on track.
Dr. Andrea Maxim, ND has a special interest in treating the following:
- Natural and Individualized Weight Loss Support (with diet diary tracking)
- Menstrual Irregularities (PMS, irregular cycles, fertility)
- Digestive Disorders (IBS, IBD, eczema, psoriasis food sensitivities)
- Stress Management which includes treating anxiety and mood swings due to stress
- Acute Conditions (cold/flu, digestive distress, anxiety, rash) Pediatrics
Another testing Dr. Maxim offers:
- IgG Food Sensitivity Testing (finger prick)
- Urine Steroid Hormone or Salivary Hormone testing
- Comprehensive Stool Analysis (malabsorption, parasites, yeast, digestive function)
- Basic Lab Work (blood sugar, thyroid, vitamin B12, vitamin D, etc.)
- Body Composition (Fat Mass and Muscle Mass %, Toxicity of cells)
- Urine pH or Salivary pH