A Chiropractor is a trained medical professional who uses his/her hands to reduce pain in the spine or other areas of your body. Chiropractors use manual spinal manipulation and other similar treatments. Manipulation is used as a way to improve mobility in the joints. A chiropractor in Burlington treats various issues and problems involving tendons, muscles, ligaments, bones, etc.
What to expect at the clinic?
At the clinic, you will be asked about your medical history and a physical examination will be done to assess your condition. In addition, the chiropractor might do additional tests as required before starting any treatment.
Different treatments offered by a chiropractor:
The therapies offered are based on the specific needs of the patient. Some of the therapies offered are:
- Muscle therapy and soft tissue techniques: This involves the application of continued pressure to the connective tissue in order to reduce pain, relax muscles and restore motion.
- Medical acupuncture: Medical acupuncture is a method involving the insertion of fine needles into certain points in the body. This helps to reduce inflammation by improving blood flow, relaxes muscles and improves the function of the involved muscles. This leads to a decrease in pain and faster healing.
- Joint and spine mobilizations: Spinal mobilization is a technique where a gentle, passive movement is applied to the spine to increase the range of motion in the joints.
- Physiotherapy modalities (Such as ultrasound, electrical stimulation, hot/cold therapy). These modalities help to reduce inflammation and increase healing.
- Rehabilitation exercises: Rehabilitation exercises are done to improve strength and flexibility after an injury.
Aim/Goals of Chiropractic Treatment
At a chiropractic clinic in Burlington, the team will work to reduce swelling in the injured muscles or tendons. They will help in improving the function of the soft tissues by reducing tension and work towards strengthening the muscles to prevent future injury.
Different treatment techniques used by Chiropractors:
Active Release Technique: This technique helps in treating your body’s soft tissue through the combination of manipulation and movement. It helps to identify and target the problem area to break up scar tissue. It also encourages blood flow and faster healing. Some of the issues that can be resolved through this technique are knee problems, sciatica, back pain, tennis elbow, carpal tunnel syndrome, etc.
Trigger point therapy: Trigger points are sore points in the soft tissues of our body. Trigger point therapy is the use of rubbing or pressing motions to help relieve the soreness or tightness in the tissues.
Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitated Stretching: This technique involves stretching of a muscle or muscle groups and then contraction of the muscle during the stretch. The most common way of doing it is performing the stretch-contract-relax sequence. It is very important to warm up before doing these stretches. Warm-up helps prevent injuries that can occur if the muscle is cold.
Chiropractic adjustments or mobilizations: This is a technique or procedure where a licensed chiropractor uses his hands or a small instrument to apply a sudden but controlled movement to a spinal joint. Chiropractic adjustments help in restoring the mobility of joints and muscles. Since this technique helps the muscles and/or joints to relax, the patient experiences relief from discomfort and pain.
Chiropractic services during pregnancy
The human body undergoes a lot of changes during pregnancy to accommodate the growing baby. Pregnant women often suffer from pain and discomfort in the back, hips, and joints. Chiropractic services can offer relief from the pain and discomfort felt during pregnancy. Some studies have shown that if women undergo chiropractic care during their pregnancy, they have a shorter labour time and less back pain during the labour process. The Webster technique is a specific adjustment that helps in balancing the maternal pelvic muscles and ligaments. This helps in the reduction of any tension and allows the proper position of the foetus before birth.
Hence, If you are interested in experiencing chiropractic care for any pains or soreness in your body, you can reach out to the nearest and certified chiropractor clinic in Burlington.
If you are interested in experiencing chiropractic care for any pains or soreness in your body. Call our certified chiropractor clinic in Burlington at 289-337-1202